All of our training, consulting, and rehabilitation are done in the same type of program. The first session is an assessment, consultation and training session. This gives you a good working platform on why your dog is having these issues, how they see the world and learn and how we correct their behaviours. We do this because some problems are often misdiagnosed. Some issues are related to other issues, where the root of the problem is not addressed; therefore not fixing the issue and having it re-occur. There can be so many different variations of why the dog is having problems. Instead, you don’t have to keep going back, paying for additional training and wasting more time (which some unscrupulous trainers love $$$).
This is also why we don't do puppy or obedience classes. Don't get us wrong, these are good classes, especially for puppy socialization, as long as you have lots of certified trainers there to help, and it’s a proper run class.
Here is the problem we have with classes… We all have seen people take these classes and their dog still doesn’t listen, obey and has behaviour problems. Also, you are tied down on a contract for 6 weeks to attend, while life gets busy and you end up missing some classes. With classes, you are not properly coached or helped in troubleshooting because the trainer is helping someone else.
Example: 1 trainer and 8 people in a 60 minute class = 60 minutes divided by 8 people = 7.5 minutes a person per class, multiplied by 5 classes (as 1 class is usually done without your dog) = 37.5 minutes each person total. Even if you add another certified trainer (double the minutes), it’s still only 75 minutes.
Common classes cover basic obedience and training but do not focus directly on behaviour problems. People can end up trying to take the same type of class again later (maybe with a different company), resulting in another loss of time and money because they were not properly coached, trained, or explained things in the first place. Again, this is why we do it the Canine United way!
With Canine United we work to address all the problems, behaviour problems, and training and training problems that you are having, and teach commands and obedience, how dogs learn, behaviour, psychology, body signals and how and what the dog is trying to communicate and tell you. This gives you the ability to be the best pet owner and now have a life experience that you can use if you get another dog! Plus you won’t have to pay and go to training again, and can help your friends and dogs to make the world better for dogs and owners.
This is a specialized exclusive service done in the comfort of your home on your time. To properly train, diagnose and assess a dog, we need to see the dog in its neutral home environment to see what the dog is doing and why, what is in the home environment, and other people in the house etc. It is also faster and easier for a dog to learn in their home environment, rather than a class or park with distractions and other stimuli, which saves you time, money, and frustration.
Brief phone call to discuss the problems you’re having, breed and age of dog(s), prior training info, etc, and to make an appointment for the home visit.
Home visit to:
• Assess the dogs complete background history including medical, behaviour, prior training, how and where the dog was purchased, any traumatic events, etc.
• Evaluate home environment inside and outside (no need to clean or make ‘fake house’, as a neutral/normal environment is best. We have pets, and live just like you!).
• Evaluate the dog(s) physically.
• Evaluate prior training and training equipment.
• Evaluate diet and exercise.
• Behaviour assessment/psychology assessment/training assessment/personality assessment.
• See and assess problems that the dog(s) or owners are having (as they happen).
• Go over what your goals are for you and your dog(s).
• Explain how dogs learn and train and types of training equipment.
• Explain behaviour and psychology.
• Explain everything to do with dogs and any question you have (as long as it takes).
• Create a unique and individual plan for the dog(s) and the owner for problem solving behaviour problems, training and everything listed above.
• Go right into one on one training and coaching for these problems in your home, backyard, outside and walks in real world situations, or where ever these problems are happing. for behaviour, and obedience training.
As with all of our services, sessions are in the comfort of your own home, on your terms, and we will never leave you unsure or not understanding what we worked on during training. After our training session(s), if you encounter obstacles with what we trained on, you can always call, email, or Skype with us personally; we are there for you continuously, with no extra charge-as that’s the Canine United way!
Having a good certified dog trainer is like having a good mechanic, it's a relationship for life that you can depend on, and use, as we always want your business later if you need it or just want to upgrade your dog relationship and skills.
All services come with paperwork, hand-outs, brochures etc that you get to keep. This is a life experience that you can benefit from for the rest of your life with your dog(s) now, and dogs in the future.
We always promote you to help others and their canines with what you learn, making the world a better place for all dogs because now you are a part of Canine United!
No hidden fees!
Travel expenses included (within the Lower Mainland).
Payment options: Interac/Debit, Visa, Master Card, Discover Card, American Express & E-transfer.
*(of note: there is never a need to tidy, clean, or move anything in your house before our training sessions; it is actually best in the most natural environment your dog lives with every day).